Wednesday 24 January 2018

Lecture Capture

I attended a meeting today which was a demonstration of the abilities of the lecture capture software we have at the University.  It's called Panopto, and it means that I now have the ability to record lectures, work-throughs of tutorial problems, or anything else I think of that can be re-played as a video and audio stream that would come in useful for teaching.

It seems like only a good idea to me, that I can let students review a lecture again, even make group annotations, comments and discussions of it.  I'd be interested to hear if any readers have done something similar and have useful feedback or suggestions.  Also I'd be interested to hear contrary views about it being a good idea. 

The picture shows a representative example of me standing in front of a whiteboard (about 15 years ago according to the datestamp of the file). 


No comments:

Post a Comment