Saturday 1 June 2013

Travelogue

Who would have thought that it would be June already?  Anyone with a basic grasp of the calendar and the passage of time, I suppose, though it seems to have taken me by surprise.   I've just had a week off during the half-term holiday of my daughter Flora, culminating in a train journey to Gatwick Airport where she met her mum, to go back to stay with her, and where I checked in for a flight to Florence to attend a conference.  In reverse to the usual way of things, I have already written the conference proceeding paper, so that I could upload it to the arXiv and help the case for my recently-finished PhD student in securing a fellowship, but have not yet written the talk.  I should probably be doing that now as I sit at the airport, rather than writing this... but there's plenty of time before I talk on Thursday.  It's only a 10 minute talk, and I've done all the preparation for the paper, so all will be well.

Fortunately, on the way to the train station in Guildford we had enough time to stop at the play park.  Flora was keen to have a go on the swings, and here she is in the picture, having what I hope is a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment