Tuesday 19 June 2012

End of the year

It's that time of year when semester has just finished.  The undergraduate students have left, and we have had our first examination board meeting today, with the external coming along later in the week for a second meeting.  It's nice to see the results of the hard work of most of the students, and I'll look forward to the graduation ceremony next month, where I get to dress up in academic dress and see the students do the same as they are formally awarded their degrees.

So now I have three months ahead of me with little UG teaching-related activity.  Except that I'll be teaching a new course called "Advanced Computational Techniques" in October, so need to get that in to shape.  First stop, though, is conference in Bulgaria.  Hopefully my white linen suit from an online made-to-measure tailor will arrive in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment