Thursday 15 March 2012

Nuclear plant pictures

I'm not sure I'll get a chance to go to this, but there's an exhibition of photographs of nuclear power plants showing in London at the moment.  As someone whose exposure to nuclear physics research is largely through simulations and calculations, I am always rather impressed whenever I see bits of kit.  Probably never more so when visiting NIF in the US, which was a very hi-tech space age kind of place.  I'd probably rather visit a nuclear power station, but I bet the pictures are interesting.

Edit: Oh, it's even better. It's part of a huge nuclear series of events.

2 comments:

  1. Intriguing. Let me know if you go see the performances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be pretty awesome to, but I'm not sure I have any free dates to go :-(

      Delete